Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another one bites the dust...


...Another weekend, another engagement. One of my closest friends has just got engaged, I'm so delighted for herself and her boyfriend (or fiance now). They're great together, she made a big move to be with him, they bought the house and the dog so it was only a matter of time. My other closest friend (I have 6- go me!) is expecting her second child, again I am so delighted for her and it's obviously the right time for them.

But what I want to know is... how come when I tell people, example my Mother, Aunt etc my friends good news, they get this look of pity, which is clearly directed at me and my lack of engagement and baby-on-the-way!

Can I just state here and now just because my friends are engaged and having babies does not mean that I automatically feel like doing the same, in fact I can think of nothing I want less at this moment in my life. Bring back the days when my mother was warning me "not to walk in that door pregnant or with a musician", (oops), well 1 out of 2 ain't bad!

But once ya pass the 25 mark all of a sudden you're a big freak for not being preggers or having a rock the size of ur head on ur left hand. Don't get me wrong, some day I will want these things, just not today. I have an amazing boyfriend (who is not Marilyn Manson as the photo may indicate) who I can definitely see myself with forever more but at the moment we like working all the hours god gave us, well"like" is a strong word but it's good to have the choice, we like having time to work on our goals in life and doing what we've always wanted. We like the fact that if we feel like blowing our savings on holidays, guitars, top-hats (oh yes I did!!)...... we can!

We like being able to stay in bed on Sunday until 4pm, get up, get food and get back into bed for the evening (to watch DVD's, oh behave!) Basically at the moment we like our life together! Now don't get me wrong I can't wait for the weddings and christenings that are all to come very soon, but I just know every second person will be greeting me with "You're Next"... "Lady,unless you're talking about the line for the toilet, karaoke or bar F**K RIGHT OFF", shall be my response. Either that or next time we're all at a funeral I'll make sure to return the favour and greet them with "You're Next"... see how they like it.



But on that note Congrats Val and Amy xx!!

No comments: