Friday, June 12, 2009

Twang Twang...

... The Banjo has been dusted off and this time I'm determined to master it. I now know how to play "Molly Malone" and have just moved on to "The Wild Rover", exciting times!! Although I was told the other night by my boyfriend that I kind of reminded him of Father Ted playing "My Lovely Horse" on the guitar... "Hang on, I can get this...".

In other music related meanderings! I've only recently discovered the secret to a good jog is a great soundtrack but last night the shuffle died just as I was getting ready to pound the roads. So I reached for the backup, which is about ten times the size and not very practical when running but I needed some sort of beat, so the Sony Walkman it was. I never checked what was actually on this before I took off and just hit play and hoped for the best. What I heard one wouldn't necessarily call jogging music but what a ditty:

Wait till I learn this one on the banjo, there'll be no stopping me!!

No comments: