Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oh the pain....

... Holy F***! That's what I've been silently screaming every time I try to take a step since Monday night. I have 2 words for you... BOOT CAMP! Never have I known such physical pain. Even sitting down the muscles in my arse cheeks hurt, nice I know, but true. Last night in bed I woke in agony every time I went to turn over, I never knew I tossed and turned so much in bed. So basically Boot Camp is a twice a week event where I and about 15 others run around like eejits doing squats, lunges, jumping jacks, sit-ups, press-ups, planks (the work of the devil), spotted dogs (makes one look particularly stupid) and sprints, all in the name of fitness. We have an instructor who isn't as tough as Boot Camp trainers can be i.e he hasn't made anyone cry, yet!
I had to take a break from my last session for about 3 weeks and while you would think I'd keep up the excersising in some way shape or form between classes, I, being an idiot, did not. Hence, when it came to going back to class Monday night and the work out being much more intense, I now feel like my whole body is broken. Seriously this is ridiculous, I'm walking around like I just dismounted a horse after a 10 hour ride (steady!!)





Even pressing the peddles while driving today felt like someone was squeezing my thigh muscles within an inch of their life! Anyway, it's back to boot-camp tonight for more, a sado-massicist? Yes I must be. Well at least it's not raining, oh did I forget to mention classes go ahead no matter what the weather, that is unless there's an electrical storm (which is nice of them). If I ain't built like Jennifer Aniston by the end of this... I demand a refund... and a rub down from some swedish masseuse called Glore, with hands like spades and no morals :D

**While searching for a photo of a hunky masseuse I instead came across this gem... Who needs hunks when you've got....

Someone needs to give this guy his own tv show (**Wincing**Oh it hurts to be a smart-ass)!!

No comments: