Friday, April 3, 2009

London Baby...

... So I'm just back after 2 weeks in London. I was doing some work over there but I did get time to enjoy myself of course. What a great city. I've been there a few times already but this was the longest I'd stayed and I have to say I was bitten and would defo like to spend more time there in the future. While I was there I got to do some shopping of course, the best being Portabello Road for all the vintage! I couldn't afford most of it but I did manage to pick up a couple of pieces, namely a very cool authentic 80's jumper, which KC could't stop laughing at yesterday- The cheek :D I was amazed at how Londoner's take the Tube for granted and hate it so much. I can see why they'd hate it, it's not the nicest place in the world, it's unhealthy, unfriendly and uncomfortable at rush hours but it's so frickin handy. You can literally get anywhere in about 10 mins. And even though when I arrived I was taking my sweet time getting from tube to tube by the start of the second week I found myself rushing and being intolerant of people who stood on the wrong side of the escalator or people sauntering in front of me- for no apparent reason other than it became a natural reaction- not good! I managed to get to see a show on the West End. "Entertaining Mr. Sloane" starring Imelda Staunton (someone I admire massively) and Matthew Horne (of Gavin and Stacey). The story was great, Imelda Staunton was as amazing as I expected, Horne was good but he lacked that certain something, maybe it was Theatre experience, he just seemed a bit unsure of himself, but hat's off to him, he did hold his own up against such an experienced cast! Looks like I got to see the show just in time too as I just heard Staunton and Horne have taken sick leave from the show and are being replaced by understudy's. I of course visited some clubs and pubs including Amy Winehouse's ex-local (she's moved out of Camden) The Hawley Arms, really nice bar, but supposedly it's just been done up after a fire, a lot bigger than I expected but with all the ultra cool looking people I expected, everyone looked like they were in a band, ladies if you like your men Indie style, this is the place to go :D that and Electric Showrooms in Hoxton Square, again everyone looked like they came straight from a Franz Ferdinand video shoot (*nice*), downstairs was a kip but they had a light-up dance floor which was quite entertaining and the music was cool until they went all old skool and started playing "Mr.Vain"... but yes I continued dancing! I was working every day except Sunday so I didn't get to do as much as I'd of liked and it is an expensive city but even with no money there's so many great places to see and just walk around. So I'll be looking forward to my next visit to London, me and my "tube" attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: