Monday, May 18, 2009

Hannah Montanna


... I had never even seen an episode of Hannah Montanna, so when the invite came to go along and see the movie I was a little hesitant, but with a 14 year old and an 8 year old cousin who are big fans of Miley and Hannah, I couldn't say no. The only interview I had ever even seen with Miley Cyrus was on Jonathan Ross a few weeks back, when she slightly amused me but mostly shocked me with her level of confidence. While watching the movie it suddenly became clear why this kid is so confident and why she has the right to be. Damn, she can sing and act. It wasn't an over the top, hammy, kiddy performance, it was a surprisingly grown up, subtle performance. Granted she was probably being herself for a lot of it, but how bad, it worked. Ok I'm not stating she's gonna win an oscar for it or anything but for someone so young it was a very impressive performance. Then she continued to surprise me when she sang the single from the movie "The Climb". I got so taken in that when kids around me started throwing their hands in the air and swaying along I joined in, that was until my 14 year old cousin turned to me with a look of horror and sheer mortification screaming "what are you doing, please stop"... spoilsport! So there ya go, I'm a brand new Miley Cyrus fan... now let's just hope she stays grounded and doesn't go out of her way to get herself a mugshot or a place in the Betty Ford Clinic!!
If you're after a bit of bubblegum head along to see the movie, it's worth a watch!
Thanks to Clean & Clear and Niamh at Dynamics PR for the invites and goodie bags :D

No comments: