Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Family

Anyone been watching the new Channel 4 Documentary "The Family" on Wednesday nights. I'm hooked on it and only last night while watching them go through the daily fights, tears, hugs and laughs I figured out why I am so addicted. It's like looking back in time at my own family when we were growing up. I always thought nobody fought like me and my brothers, ya know the odd dig here and there that started off as a laugh but inevitably ended up with me roaring crying and my brothers trying to quieten me down by promising endless presents, so my parents wouldn't find out, but this lot are just the same.

They call each other by roaring from wherever they are in the house, they fight over who's turn it is to wash up, the parents worry that their daughter is going out to clubs too much, she refuses to stop, the Dad can't understand his kids, the kids can't understand their Dad, the parents are fighting a never-ending battle to get the kids to tidy their room and when the parents are out World War III breaks out at home.

On the other side of it, they support each other to the last, for all his giving out the Dad loves his kids unconditionally and is happiest when he's helping them out, the Mother loves kisses and cuddles from her kids and is like a big kid herself at times, the kids look out for one another and the best and worst times they have are when they're all together!!

How very normal!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkqMadH3Skk

No comments: