Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Were you part of the Dempseys Den Club?

So many of you won't even remember Dempseys Den but for those of you who do, here's a lil trip down memory lane. I was of course a member of the Dempseys Den Club and I still remember the very first membership pack arriving in the post, it came with a poster of the boys- Zig, Zag and Ian, a fanzine which featured some illustrated adventures with them and this little gem... An official Dempsey's Den Club Giant Badge. My friend Val was also a member of the club and boy did we wear those badges with pride... us nerds??... never!!!!!

Was doing some spring cleaning last night and came across it, ya reckon it's worth anything now??

Who wasn't part of a fanclub, they were great fun, I was a member of the Kylie fan club, I'm talking the Locomotion, Hand on Your Heart, Kylie days, I think i could of been a member of the A-Ha fanclub too but I don't remeber ever receiving much from them so maybe I just sent a lot of crazed fan letters to Morton Harkett begging for marriage and convinced myself I was part of the club. But to this day my brother tries to tell me I was part of the MacGyver Fanclub, I'll admit it I was a huge MacGyver Fan but I never recall receving any bits of tape, a penknife and 2 metres of twine in the post so i have to conclude I was unfortunately never part of the Mac Pack!

Here's a pic of me and my friend Val obsessing over Macgyver back in the day:

Ha ha sorry Val!!

Tune in this Sat morning from 7am for more Cringe-worthy Fanclub stories, you can post up your Fanclub memories here or text me Sat on 086-8273336. Looking forward to hearing them!!

xxMurphxx

No comments: