Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not quite sure I should admit to this...

...but here goes!
While watching VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of All Time last night, it got to Jimi Hendrix at Number 6. They were playing his track Purple Haze while giving the blurb on him, when I turned to my boyfriend and said "I didn't know Jimi Hendrix was gay". With an exhausted look and a strained sigh he looked at me and said "What" (this isn't the first time I've interrupted something he was watching with my pearls of wisdom)! "Excuse me while I kiss this guy", I explained "I didn't know he was gay".

Now I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time someone has mistaken the lyric "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" for "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" but it probably didn't take most people till they were 30 years old to figure it out. What can I say, I don't have enough Jimi Hendrix in my life, sorry Jimi fans... This one's for you!

No comments: